2016 was truly a great year for Spectrum Aeromed! As a company, we had our second strongest year in terms of sales. This was accomplished during what most experts considered a challenging year for the aerospace industry. While much uncertainty exists from both an economic and geopolitical standpoint, we are confident that our team can deliver first-class service to our customers throughout 2017 and beyond!
Here are just a few of the milestones and accomplishments we reached in 2016:
We celebrated our 25th Anniversary!
In conjunction with our 25th anniversary, we partnered with our local Habitat for Humanity (who also celebrated their 25th anniversary in 2016) and sponsored the anniversary build of a home for a family in need. A $25,000 donation was made and our employees spent countless hours working on the home!
- We were included as a finalist in Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work for 2016!
- Our CEO, Dean Atchison, was appointed to North Dakota’s District Export Council by the US Secretary of Commerce.
- Now in its 7th year, our wellness program certified twenty employees in CPR training, held six lunch & learn sessions, an Olympic team fitness challenge, and an on-site flu clinic for employees and their families. In addition, we provided free health screenings on-site for all employees and held our first “Day of Wellness”.
- During our United Way annual giving campaign, our team once again had 100% participation. The company and employee gifts combined totaled $21,762 for 2016!
- As a company, we volunteered at The Great Plains Food Bank, United Way of Cass Clay, Ronald McDonald House Charities, and more!
- Four employees completed lean manufacturing training in 2016 and now ALL our employees have completed this course!
2016 Milestones from Our Sales, Production, and Engineering Teams
While 2016 was a challenging year overall in the aerospace industry, #TeamSpecAero achieved its second strongest year in terms of sales! Our 2016 production volume increased 25% when compared to 2015 and we also replaced our existing MRP system and installed a new cloud-based inventory system, which integrates with our customer relationship management program.
Currently we are in the process of finalizing the approval of our Pilatus STC into China, and we also recently received an STC for the Airbus A319-115. Here are some other notable aircraft installs that took place in 2016:
- A Bell 407 Helicopter for Idaho Helicopters.
- A Bombardier Learjet 45 for Redstar Aviation in Turkey.
- An Augusta Westland AW139 for Ornge, a Canadian ambulance service provider
- Four Bell 407 Helicopters for Arkansas company Survival Flight, Inc.
- The first Air Ambulance launched in Ethiopia for East African Aviation
We cannot wait to see all that 2017 has in store and want to thank all those who have joined in partnership with us in our mission to #SaveLives!