Last updated/revised: February 5, 2020
Spectrum Aeromed, Inc. (“Spectrum Aeromed,” “we,” or “us”) is the leading designer and developer of ambulance medical interiors and emergency medical interiors for aircraft. We understand that individuals care about the privacy of their personal information and we take this concern very seriously.
How we collect and use your personal information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Spectrum Aeromed may collect and use personal information from when you use our website, communicate with us, visit our booth at a tradeshow, or attend one of our events. As Spectrum Aeromed is a business-to-business (“B2B”) company, the type of personal information we collect typically is limited to the information that can be found on a business card—name, address, email address, employer, position, and telephone number.
The types of personal information that Spectrum Aeromed collects can generally be categorized
- Identity and contact information – first name, last name, physical address (typically of your company), business email address, country, state or province, and business telephone number.
- Employment information – name of your employer and your position at the employer.
- Transactional information – details about our interactions with you in connection with services or products provided to your company, including information on products you purchased on behalf of your company and customer service-related inquiries you may have made.
- Marketing and communications information – information regarding any requests for information received from you, copies of communications with you (including through the chat feature on our website), your attendance at trade show or marketing events, your marketing or communication preferences, and your responses to surveys we may provide to receive feedback regarding our services.
- Usage information – details regarding when and how you use our website.
We may also collect, use, and share “aggregated data”—such as statistical or demographic data—for any purpose. Aggregated data is not considered personal information, as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. We do not collect any sensitive categories of personal information—such as details about your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political onions, or religious beliefs—for any purpose.
Please note that when you register for a tradeshow, Spectrum Aeromed may receive personal information about you and other attendees from the event organizers, such as your name and email address. We may use that information to invite you to our booth or presentations, but will not otherwise use the information.
Information we gather when you visit our websites
Like most websites, we use the various technologies to automatically collect the following types
of information about you:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our websites, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or, if you connect through a mobile device, your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. We use pixels to track visitors. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to
not accept marketing cookies.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To fulfill our obligations with your company and provide requested products and services, as well as related customer service and support;
- To communicate with your company regarding issues relating to products or services it has purchased, as well as other products or services and upcoming events that may be of interest;
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to communications we receive from you;
- To invite you to and register you for attendance at one of our events;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To provide you with promotional or marketing communications (including by email, phone, and postal mail) and track your consent and preferences relating to receipt of such communications;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy;
- To provide you with surveys and request customer feedback; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.
Please note that if you signed up to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by calling +1 (888) 863-5072.
How we share or disclose your personal information
When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide in the following
- With trusted service providers, contractors, and suppliers that we use to support our business under a contractual relationship to assist our business goals and operations. For example, we may share personal information with our customer relationship management platform, which enables our sales, service, and marketing efforts. We may also share personal information with our email service provider, who enables us to communicate with our customers and contacts.
- With our third-party marketing provider in order to assist us with creation of advertising content, development of marketing strategies, and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- With our cloud-hosted server provider(s), who enables us to store, retain, and otherwise process necessary information.
- With companies with whom we partner on tradeshows and marketing events.
- With a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
We strive to provide choices regarding the management of personal information. As mentioned above, you can opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us. You can also choose not to provide us with certain information requested in our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website or request information from us. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to accept or reject it.
How we protect your personal information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable for the illegal acts by third parties (such as hacking). If you have questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
International data transfers
Spectrum Aeromed is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, information you provide to us will reside on servers in the United States. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products and services. You understand and consent that information you provide may be sent to and processed by Spectrum Aeromed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
EEA residents’ rights under GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a privacy law that affords certain rights relating to the personal information of individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Specifically, if you are located in the EEA, you may request whether we are processing your personal information, our purposes in doing so, how your personal information was obtained (if you did not provide it to us directly), who it may have been shared with, and how long it will be retained. Further, you have the right to request your personal information be corrected if it is inaccurate and, in certain circumstances, may ask that it be erased and withdraw your consent or object to further processing. Finally, subject to certain limitations, and when feasible, you may
request a copy of your personal information or that it be transferred to another entity. You will not typically need to pay a fee for access to your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). But we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you wish to exercise one of the rights identified above, you may do so by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is normally free, unless this process is unduly difficult or is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to respond. Once we have received your request, we will review it and contact you within 30 days of our receipt of your request, but we will notify you of any delay and, in any event, will reply within three (3) months.
Please note that we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Additional information on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation is available from the U.K.’s Information Commissioner’s Office. If you are located in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of your data, you may have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority in the EEA.
Additional information relating to our processing under GDPR
For the personal information that we collect from EEA residents, Spectrum Aeromed acts as a “controller” under the GDPR. As discussed above, we use data for a variety of different purposes. Under the GDPR we are required to have a lawful basis for these types of processing activities. Most of the time, that lawful basis will either be to (1) perform a contractual obligation with you, (2) fulfill legitimate business interests, (3) comply with a legal obligation, or (4) conduct processing to which you have specifically consented.
For example, we need to process your identity, contact, employment, and transactional information (as identified above) in order to provide you with information that you have requested, communicate with you regarding products that your company may have contracted for, fulfill our obligations under our contract with your company, and ensure payment for products or services we provided to your company. In those circumstances, our lawful basis for processing your personal information will be the performance of contractual obligations.
Likewise, we may use your marketing information and usage data to provide you or your company with information on products that may be of interest, improve your experience on our website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, diagnose problems, gather information on visitor preferences, and modify our products and services to better meet your company. In that circumstance, our lawful basis for processing your personal information would be the legitimate business interest of Spectrum Aeromed to grow and continue to develop business and product offerings.
Please note, as indicated previously, your personal information may be transferred to our servers in the United States. The United States has not received an “adequacy finding” from the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR. Spectrum Aeromed relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. Spectrum Aeromed collects and transfers personal information to the U.S. only with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest that does not outweigh your rights or freedoms. Spectrum Aeromed endeavors to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with Spectrum Aeromed and the practices described in this Policy. Spectrum Aeromed also enters into data processing agreements and model clauses with its vendors whenever feasible and appropriate.
Data storage and retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill your requests or the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you or your company, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Changes to the Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact:
SVP – Business Manager
1815 23 rd Ave N
Fargo, ND USA 58102