Now Hiring: Welder/Fabricator
Job Status: Full-time
The Welder-Fabricator is responsible for set up, tack, and final tig welding of various aluminum and light steel weldments. They will also fabricate parts as necessary utilizing a lathe, vertical mill, shear, brake, and small machining equipment. They can expect about a 70/30 ratio for welding and fabricating. This person reports to the Welder-Fabricator Supervisor and the location is in North Fargo.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Includes the following – Other duties may be assigned
- Perform TIG welding on aluminum and light steel
- Must be able to be certified to AWS D17.2/D17.2M Resistance Welding for Aerospace Applications with some on the job training
- Understand various weld symbols
- Weld in vertical and horizontal planes
- Understands various weld preps and finishing techniques
- May perform light assembly of mechanical parts
- Use various pieces of measuring equipment (i.e. tape measure, caliper)
- Fabricate parts using lathe, vertical mill, shear, press brake and small machining equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance of machines
- Perform raw materials inventory
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Support and comply with the professionalism standards established by Spectrum Aeromed management.
- Support and comply with the safety requirements and standards.
Education and/or experience:
- Two year technical welding certification program, or equivalent education and experience
- Two years minimum welding experience in a production environment
Work Schedule/Wage & Benefits:
- Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., hours may be flexible
- Hourly wage starts at $17-$25/hour increases after certification
- Limited overtime hours
- Benefits effective after 60 day probationary period include: paid holidays, vacation and sick time; health insurance premium and health savings account; Simple Plan IRA; flexible spending accounts; Worksite Wellness program.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About Spectrum Aeromed:
Spectrum Aeromed recognized worldwide as a leading designer and manufacturer of air ambulance equipment for fixed and rotor wing aircraft. The company has been listed on the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 3 consecutive years, and operates with AS9100 Rev D and ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems.
Please email your resume to: Ashli@spectrum-aeromed.com Please expect and be prepared to complete a welding test upon first interview.
Now Hiring: Project Manager
Job Status: Full-time
- Project coordination between our production, engineering, suppliers and local office
- Product development and presentation of new designed medical interior and air medical cabin concepts
- Close cooperation with our sales team in selling solutions and planning financial business cases
- Technical support and after-sales support service for our customers in Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Support our engineering with FAA- and EASA-certifications
- Professional degree with technical background and several years experiences in aviation
- Good knowledge in FAA part 21, 23, 25, 27, 29 CFR´s and EASA equivalent regulations
- Familiar with a CAD program compatible with AutoDesk Inventor
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, provide customer service in a professional and courteous manner
- Good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge in lightweight/carbon fiber solutions is a benefit
- German and English (fluent, written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel