Production & Quality Assurance Manager
Full Time – Fargo, ND
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions: Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, or procedures. Ability to identify customer needs and maintain and support a customer service philosophy. Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve problems in a variety of contexts.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization. Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and proofread work carefully.
Education and/or experience:
- BS in Quality Engineering or equivalent
- Or four to ten years’ related experience
- Or training in quality and/or aerospace
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English effectively
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
Employee must be interviewed, pass a drug-free screening test, agree/sign a work week schedule, and agree/sign a Spectrum Aeromed Expectations Requirements.
Employees may be required to pass a basic math exam and/or pass a written grammar exam.
The Production & Quality Assurance Manager ensures that completed parts are fabricated and assembled in accordance with approved design drawings. Implements and maintains quality management system in accordance with approved Quality Assurance (QA) manual.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Includes the following – Other duties may be assigned
- Manage day to day production operations to include planning, issue resolution, perform function and operation check on manufactured equipment.
- Ability to manage a department including developing and maintaining procedures, participate in program planning and analysis or qualitative review to determine appropriate actions
- Ability to ensure compliance to applicable laws, guidelines, policies, procedures and practices
- Supervise staff (e.g. hire, train, assign work, conduct performance reviews, motivate and manage performance)
- Ascertain that adequate firefighting equipment is available at the Production Facility (Spectrum Aeromed)
- Maintain standards to ascertain that adequate safety precautions are observed as well as indoctrinating personnel in observing the safety precautions relevant to their job functions and locations.
- Maintain training program for production and safety aspects as it applied to manufacturing personnel.
- Provide for continuity of inspection responsibility, assuring completion of required inspection when personnel shift or assignment changes occur
- Maintain calibration programs for all inspection tools used to determine product conformance
- Maintain supplier evaluation and approval program
- Inspect completed parts according to prescribed methods to verify conformity to design drawings
- Oversee the proper tagging and identification of all parts and components
- Ascertain that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is approved for service and/or return to service, and that the proper inspection and maintenance records, reports, and forms required for such release are properly executed
- See that rejected and unserviceable parts are handled in such a way as to prevent their reuse as serviceable part.
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Support and enforce the professionalism standards established by Spectrum Aeromed management
- Support and enforce safety requirements and standards
- Assist other employees (who may not be assigned) with technical guidance
- Participate in Engineering and R&D projects
- Submit reports of failures, malfunctions, and defects of PMA parts in accordance with FAR 21.3 (b) and (c)