An engineer at Spectrum Aeromed is responsible for design, drafting, and structural analysis of the manufactured products. Engineers also write the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval reports.
Competency will be assessed by the department manager at the end of the probationary period utilizing essential duties and responsibilities specific to their job description. Employee competency will be indicated on the employee evaluation form.
If competency in essential duties and responsibilities is not met, the department manager will document and set an appropriate probationary period for re-evaluation.
Education and/or experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering
- CAD software proficiency, specifically 3D modeling and drafting in Autodesk Inventor and Cadkey
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Includes the following – Other duties may be assigned.
- Three-dimensional modeling and drafting of all parts and assemblies to be manufactured by our company
- Calculating and writing stress analysis reports for all equipment to be STC approved
- Creating assembly instructions within the equipment drawings and assisting shop personnel in manufacturing
- Writing reports for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in our STC approval process
- Working with the entire engineering team on each project, coordinating and communicating throughout the project life cycle
- Support and comply with the professionalism standards established by Spectrum Aeromed management.
- Support and comply with the safety requirements and standards.
Employee must be interviewed, pass a drug-free screening test, agree/sign a work week schedule, and agree/sign a Spectrum Aeromed Expectations Requirements.
Employees may be required to pass a basic math exam and/or pass a written grammar exam.