Job Status: Full-time
An engineer at Spectrum Aeromed is responsible for design, drafting, and structural analysis of the manufactured products. Engineers also write the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following – Other duties may be assigned
- Three-dimensional modeling and drafting of all parts and assemblies to be manufactured by our company.
- Calculating and writing stress analysis reports for all equipment to be STC approved.
- Creating assembly instructions within the equipment drawings and assisting shop personnel in manufacturing.
- Writing reports for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in our STC approval process.
- Working with the entire engineering team on each project, coordinating and communicating throughout the project life cycle.
- Support and comply with the professionalism standards established by Spectrum Aeromed management.
- Support and comply with the safety requirements and standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering.
- CAD software proficiency, specifically 3D modeling and drafting in Autodesk Inventor and Cadkey.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English effectively
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
Employee must be interviewed, pass a drug-free screening test, agree/sign a work week schedule, and agree/sign a Spectrum Aeromed Expectations Requirements.
Employees may be required to pass a basic math exam and/or pass a written grammar exam.